Had my visit with the Doctor today, talked a bit about what was happening and what would be best to do. She wants to use a bio-mesh to hold things together, it would integrate the best into the body and let me have a better lifting capacity.
It’s normal to wait in cases like mine where there was infection to give it time for any lingering infection to clear out so the infection can’t eat away the mesh.
So I Have a follow-up visit in January, and if all is good surgery will then be scheduled. In the mean time I need just to keep being careful try to walk more to hopefully lose some weight (which in general I need to do so anyway).